About APCD Council
The APCD Council has a multi-fold purpose:
- To serve in an information sharing capacity for those states who have developed, or are developing, an all payer healthcare claims database.
- To work across states to harmonize the rules governing data collection and data release so that researchers and others will have access within 2-5 years to a regional all payer dataset; the goal is for the dataset to be seamless across state lines in terms of being a longitudinal record based on the patient.
- To provide a multi-state analysis platform for policy analysis for various branches of state government.
- To provide a technical users group forum to end users of the databases.
Current activities are focused on several themes:
- Harmonizing the data collection and data release rules across the multiple state databases
- Development of a strategy for integrating Medicare data into the all payer databases
- Sharing of reporting applications being developed by individual states
- Policy analysis
- Providing support to other states developing all payer databases